You can absolutely rebuild your credit after bankruptcy. Credit repair generally takes anywhere from 9 months to 1 year.
At the Law Office of Mark B. French, we are devoted to carefully representing our clients through each step of their cases, even after bankruptcy is completed. Your credit can benefit from our experienced Bedford bankruptcy lawyer's knowledge of financial planning. We have been helping clients in difficult financial situations since 1987.
- Our founding attorney has been Board Certified as a consumer bankruptcy specialist for more than 10 years.
- He is AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and received the Martindale-Hubbell® Client Distinction Award in 2012.
- He is rated on Avvo, and was included in the Super Lawyers® list in 2007 and 2008.
We have more than 25 years of experience helping clients with all aspects of bankruptcy, including post-bankruptcy credit restoration.
Techniques To Rebuild Credit
After your bankruptcy is complete, you will want to start putting into practice sound financial techniques to begin rebuilding your credit. You can achieve that goal in the following ways:
- Get a free copy of your credit report from each of the 3 credit bureaus every year.
- Review your credit reports, and dispute any inaccuracies.
- Make timely payments.
- Close unused charge accounts.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) allows individual debtors the opportunity to correct errors on their credit reports. You can contact the 3 credit bureaus to refute erroneous information. The credit bureaus are:
Mistakes on credit reports can cost you in the form of higher interest rates on future loans. Our knowledgeable Bedford bankruptcy attorney can help you take action to repair your credit and develop a strategy to avoid debt problems in the future. For high quality representation in all bankruptcy matters, contact us.