Bedford Creditor Harassment Lawyers
Often, one of the most frustrating aspects of debt is the creditor harassment and abuse that can follow. Creditors often say anything to get you to agree with their demands and pressure you into paying a debt that you cannot afford to pay in your current situation.
Keep in mind that creditors are known for their harassing intimidation tactics and threats. If you are experiencing the pressures associated with creditor harassment, schedule a case evaluation for assistance from our Bedford bankruptcy attorneys. With more than 35 years of experience, we can discuss the various methods of debt relief to help you get a fresh start.
How to Stop Creditor Harassment
At The Law Office of Mark B. French, we know the various methods of debt relief to end creditor harassment. We can focus our efforts on assisting you with your Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy if that is in your best interest.
In addition to debt relief, we can help you stop creditor harassment by:
- Personally representing you during all bankruptcy steps
- Helping you understand your rights
- Preventing harassing calls to your place of work
- Fielding telephone calls and other inquiries from creditors
Ignoring the situation will not lead to a solution. We can help you take action and end the harassment and abuse you are experiencing.
Common Types of Creditor Abuse
Although creditors have the right to collect debts that are owed to them, they do not have the right to abuse debtors. Some of the most common forms of abuse include:
- Collectors calling your home incessantly
- Using obscene language and insults
- Threatening harm or violence
- Calling before 8:00 a.m. and after 9:00 p.m.
- Contacting family and friends
To stop creditor harassment and protect your rights, do not hesitate to speak with us at your earliest convenience. Contact us at today to get started and to gain a better understanding of your options.